Simplex Duct Plug is used to seal the space between the duct and the cable in a duct. The plug has a dummy rod so it can also be used to close a duct without a cable inside. Besides, the plug is divisible so it can be installed after blowing a cable in the duct.
● Watertight and airtight
● Simple installation around existing cables
● Seals all types of inner ducts
● Easy to retrofit
● Wide cable sealing range
● Install and remove by hand
Duct O.D. (mm)
Cable Rang (mm)
● Remove the top sealing collar and separate into two pieces as shown in Figure 1.
● Some fiber optic simplex duct plugs come with integral bushing sleeves which are designed to be field-split for sealing around in-place cables when needed. Use scissors or snips to split the sleeves. Do not allow the splits in the bushings to overlap with the split in the main gasket assembly.（Figure2）
● Split the gasket assembly and place it around the bushings and the cable. Reassemble split collar around cable and thread onto gasket assembly. (Figure 3)
● Slide assembled duct plug along cable into duct to be sealed. (Figure 4) Tighten by hand while holding in place. Complete sealing by tightening with a strap wrench.
LEAVE A MESSAGE
The first thing we do is meeting with our clients and talk through their goals on a future project. During this meeting, feel free to communicate your ideas and ask lots of questions.